What is in store for the 2013-14 Stanley Cup Champions this upcoming season?
After a disappointing 2014-15 season, the Los Angeles Kings will be looking to have a bounce back year. Let’s have a look at what is most important; the Kings depth chart.
|Line 1||Milan Lucic||Anze Kopitar||Marian Gaborik|
|Line 2||Tanner Pearson||Jeff Carter||Tyler Toffoli|
|Line 3||Dwight King||Trevor Lewis||Dustin Brown|
|Line 4||Kyle Clifford||Nick Shore||Jordan Nolan|
- Lucic will be joining Kopitar and Gaborik on the first line this year. Look for these guys to be lights out!
- Carter will be up the middle between Toffoli and Pearson. Expect big things from both these young wingers.
- Lewis & Shore will be up and down between playing centre on the third/fourth line. Either option, they will both have Nolan, King, & Clifford to add some big body grit.
- Captain Brown slots in nicely with the third line to add a great combo of hard work and finesse.
|D-Pair 1||Jake Muzzin||Drew Doughty|
|D-Pair 2||Alec Martinez||Christian Ehrhoff|
|D-Pair 3||Matt Greene||Brayden McNabb|
- Doughty will take another stab at the Norris. Muzzin will compliment all of Doughty’s skills as he did last year.
- Ehrhoff as a new addition will be a great fill in for a few defensive departures.
- Greene and McNabb will hold down the back end well with their solid defensive play.
- Quick will of course be the number 1 in Los Angeles. He is typically pegged as a top goalie in the league, although is numbers are very average. Quick needs to have another solid year for the Kings to make another Stanley Cup run.
Key additions: Milan Lucic & Christian Ehrhoff
Kings Record: 44-27-11 (99 points)
Regular Season Standings: 2nd, Pacific Division. 6th, Western Conference.
Playoff Outlook: Lose in the Conference Semi-Finals to Anaheim Ducks.
Not-so-bold prediction: Lucic will top his career season point total with 70+ points.
Bold prediction: Kopitar will score a career high 40 goals and notch up 90+ points.
Smith’s Sleeper: Predicting Tyler Toffoli to be a King’s top 3 scorer and be in the top 50 of NHL scoring.